This is the second box that went to my bride-to-be for a wedding keepsake box.
She absolutely loved it and so did I. This project was cheap, fun and turned out so beautiful. I am happy to share it with all of you.
So here is what you need:
- White Acrylic Paint
- Tinted or vintage Mod podge
- large paint brush and water to clean the brush
- White Lace Ribbon
- artificial flowers (any of your Choice)
- Hot Glue gun and glue sticks
- wire cutters
- Vintage Hat Box
Here are the steps to this beautiful creation:
- paint the whole box white (lid and bottom, inside and outside) and let dry over night, you will probably have to put a second layer of paint on if it is a dark box. I ended up doing 3 layers of white paint.
- after the box is dry paint the whole box with your mod podge to seal in the acrylic paint otherwise it will just chip off. let this dry over night.
- after the painting and drying process is over, get out your white lace ribbon, wrap the ribbon around the bottom of the box to size your length then cut where you need it. Once your ribbon is cut, take your hot glue gun and glue the ribbon around the bottom of your box and place the bottom to the side.
- next grab your lid and your flowers
- cut the flowers to the desired size with wire cutters
- then before gluing the flowers down place them in the desired spot and design you want then lift the flowers slightly and place your glue underneath them and hold them down for about 30 seconds for glue to dry. Continue gluing until you are done.
- this box had holes on each side with some rope for hanging, I cut the rope and replaced it with lace.
Your all done. WOW that was quick right? After 3 days of painting and drying it only took about 20 minutes to finish the box and this project only cost me $15.00. It looks elegant and so beautiful.
I hoped you enjoyed this up-cycled vintage hat box project. Stay tuned for my next blog. I will show you how to make a Boho Veil.